Happy Anniversary, Chicago!
It’s hard to believe I moved to Chicago two years ago this month! I think it’s safe to say I’ve learned more in the past two years than I have in any other chapter of my life. Through curiosity, risks, pain, successes and failures, I became aware of the following 15 truths:
1. Your feelings are right. That’s why you’re feeling them.
2. LISTEN and SILENT have the same letters in them.
3. Kindness goes a long way. So does communication.
4. You will make mistakes and hurt innocent people in the process. Don’t dwell on it. Learn from it. Or dwell on it, THEN learn from it.
5. If you’re unhappy with a part of your life, change it. Don’t bitch about it. Or bitch about it, THEN change it.
6. Therapy is awesome.
7. Embrace ambiguity.
8. Controlling your behaviors and emotions are two radically different concepts with two radically different outcomes.
9. No one has the power to make you feel anything.
10. Authenticity is more valuable than stability.
11. There’s a time to work out and a time to vedge out. Learn how to do and enjoy both.
12. The more you trust your gut, the easier it is to hear your gut.
13. Nothing “just happens.” There are no coincidences.
14. Broken hearts mend.
15. You are enough.
It should be noted: I am not willing to die for any of these truths. Truth is and always will be relative. Please push back or share with me what truths have you become aware of. I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment here, tweet me @TheEricFeltes or leave a comment on my Facebook Fanpage!